Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Epiphany! I hope it was a great Christmas season for everybody out there, it definitely was for us. Christmas was spent in Minneapolis with Rachel’s family, in-between Christmas and New Year’s was spent visiting with my family, and New Year’s was a casual affair having friends over at our house. A great way to finish what was a transformative year for me.
First announcement: Friday, Jan. 11, we will be closed for a seminary event. We will open again at our normal time on Saturday of 10 a.m. Second announcement: Next week’s blog will be another book review, so don’t miss it!
Now for the main piece of this week’s blog. As mentioned previously, please mark your calendar to save Thursday, April 11 at 7 p.m. for our second “Vatican II Year of Faith” talk. As some of you may recall, Fr. Mel talked this fall, and it was an excellent night. In the spring, Bishop Sklba is going to present for us. The title of his talk is “Vatican II: Grace and Gift/Event and Process.” It should be an excellent presentation; and I for one am looking forward to it. If you know you are going to attend, we ask that you RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us at (414) 747-6479 so that we can have an estimate for the talk. I know this is several months out, but I want you to put it in your calendar now so that you do not forget. I will send out another reminder as we get closer to the date.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.