Thank you to everybody that came to the Salzmann Library sponsored Vatican II talk last week Thursday by Fr. Mel Michalski. Fr. Mel gave an entertaining talk on the subject, “Looking back on the Council with Professor Ratzinger,” and an excellent discussion and Q-and-A followed afterward. With more than 50 people in attendance, we believed it was a success, and are looking forward to the next talk in the series in April.
Thursday, April 11th, to be exact (yes it is a while yet but put it in your calendar now).
Salzmann Library is proud to sponsor Bishop Sklba on that day, speaking on Vatican II. As a seminarian and newly ordained priest, he spent time in Rome during the Council, and so can bring a unique perspective to his talk.
There will be reminders in the future again as the day gets closer, but start planning now…I’m sure you are using your 2013 calendar already.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.