First off, administrative information: With the Christmas holiday approaching, we will be closed starting Sunday, Dec. 18 through Monday, Jan. 2. You can still drop off books in the drop box, and Kathy or I will be here during certain points throughout those weeks (if you really need to use the library or talk to us, give us a call and we will work with you to set up an appointment when we will be here.)
In the last blog, I wrote about an upcoming book club happening here, with the author attending. It, actually, is not rare for authors, and some well-known figures (in the church community, anyway), to make a visit to Salzmann. Bishop Sklba is one of our biggest supporters, and he has a carrel set aside for his use. He has donated generously in the past with time, money and books; and we greatly thank him for all he has done for the library. Bishop Hying makes a visit every once in a while, and we always appreciate seeing him as well. Fr. Mike Crosby, who has written many books and given many lectures, stops in to work at Salzmann when he is in the area, as does Fr. Witczak, when he is back in town. One never knows who will be at Salzmann when you stop in…
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. These are always appreciated, and anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some of the basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.