Several months ago I blogged about the massive amount of books donated from the late Fr. Drutowski, and wrote that many of the books were put out for donations. At that time we had gone through about half of the boxes…I have now finished going through the rest. Again, we have been able to add several hundred more books, but that leaves hundreds more that are available in the donation area of the library.
If you come in looking for these books, let me know. They are not all out there, as we don’t have enough room right now; however they have all been looked through and are sitting in the back awaiting the chance to go out. If you are interested, we will take you back so you can have a look at those as well.
Also, although this happened a month ago, I want to give a big thank you to all who came to the Bishop Sklba Vatican II lecture. It was a big success with more than 150 people attending and overflow seating into the common room area. He had a great talk, and we do have the audio for it on my phone. I am working on getting that to my computer (bigger files means more creative ways to do this), and from there we will hopefully be able to post it on this blog, have it on our website, etc. For those who could not make it, the audio will, hopefully, be available on my blog next week, when I will write more about the talk.
In two weeks (or next week depending on how fast I read), I’ll post my next book review.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
• Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
• The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
• There is free Wi-Fi available.
• "Like" us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
• The library catalog is available online.