We now have a date, time, speaker and topic for our Vatican II Lecture Series, fall edition. It will be Thursday, Nov. 8, starting at 7pm. Expecting a larger crowd than can fit well in the library, we will hold it in the Inner Commons of Henni Hall, which is right next door to the library. The full address is Saint Francis de Sales Seminary, 3257 S. Lake Drive, St. Francis, WI 53235. A short reception will follow.
The speaker is Fr. Mel Michalski, a professor at both Saint Francis de Sales Seminary and Sacred Heart School of Theology, and the topic is “Looking back at the Council with Professor Joseph Ratzinger.”
Fr. Mel is the author of several books including “The relationship between the universal priesthood of the baptized and the ministerial priesthood of the ordained in Vatican II and in subsequent theology” and “Encounters with Karl Rahner: Remembrances of Rahner by those who knew him.” The talk is based on original class notes of two courses taught by Professor Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI) during the winter and spring semesters of 1965/1966 entitled “Looking back at the Council” and “Ecclesiology.”
Come join us for this unique opportunity to hear Fr. Mel give a talk “looking back” on the council.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.