Back in May of 2011, when the weather was much nicer, I applied for the ISSR Library grant for Salzmann Library from the International Society for Science and Religion (ISSR). Last month we were extremely excited to be informed that we had received it! It was a grant given to only 150 institutions worldwide.
“The ISSR Library consists of 224 volumes spanning all areas of the interface between science and spirituality.”
We have been waiting to put this in the Herald until the books had all been added to the collection. They will be able to be found on the new bookshelf (near the entrance) for several months, and then will be integrated into our stacks.
However, when using our catalog online at topcat.switchinc.org, one can search for this collection of books anytime by using the keyword “ISSR” or “International Society of Science and Religion.”
Come in and check out these items, or if you have any other faith questions please feel free to visit us at the Salzmann Library where the audiovisual selection is also expanding.
The public is welcome!
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.