First off, a reminder that the Salzmann Library book club will be meeting this Tuesday, July 17th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss “The Wreath,” by Sigrid Undset.
Also this upcoming week, I will be making a guest appearance on the radio! The Saint Francis de Sales Seminary has a biweekly radio show, “New Heart, New Spirit,”on Relevant Radio (100.1 FM WPJP in the Milwaukee area). The show airs every other Friday at 9:30 a.m. and is repeated on Saturdays at 11 a.m. and Sundays at 7:30 a.m. It is an excellent program, and worth checking out every week.
The coordinator of the program, Erin Dolan, and one of the hosts of the show, Fr. Ryan Pruess were kind enough to invite me to come in and talk about the Salzmann Library and let its tale be heard by all who listen. It was a great chance for more publicity for the library, and I appreciate them giving me the opportunity.
I will be on the program this upcoming Friday, July 20, at the times mentioned above. As this was my first time on the radio, I am interested in any feedback people might have, positive and negative. I hope it is not my last time on the radio, and I want to continue to get better with each performance; who knows, maybe there will be a Salzmann Library podcast sometime in the future.
So make sure you tune in and listen to “New Heart, New Spirit” on Relevant Radio!
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.