As some of you may know, for the past year we have been slowly but steadily growing our DVD collection. This collection is now several hundred strong, including movies such as “Ben Hur” and “There Be Dragons,” many different tales on the saints, whether they be half-hour mini-documentaries or full-length movies, Fr. Robert Barron’s great “Catholicism” series, or other programs ranging from the history of the early church to the teachings of today. And they’re all available for you.
Some specific examples are:
- “Galilee: The Land Where Jesus Walked,” a Day of Discovery production; hosted by Mart de Haan and Jimmy de Young; app. 120 min
- “Through A Lens Darkly: Grief, Loss and C.S. Lewis,” Vision Video; 56 min plus extras
- “The Vatican: A hidden world,” Ignatius Press; 55 min
- “Road To Cana: A Marriage Readiness Program For Catholics,” Ignatius Productions; 2 DVD’s, app. 7 hrs.
- “Our Father’s Plan: Salvation History From Genesis To The Catholic Church,” Ignatius Press; hosted by Scott Hahn & Jeff Cavins; 13 programs each app. 60 min
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.