Library administrative information first: We will be closed Saturday, Dec. 8 in celebration of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Also, we will close Friday, Dec. 21 until Wednesday, Jan. 2 for the Christmas season. Thank you.
Happy church New Year! Let the confetti fly and stay up anxiously until midnight (which doesn’t actually work) counting down the minutes…or instead let us celebrate the Advent season and remember that December, and the Advent season, is a time to prepare for the birth of Christ. Take a moment and reflect on Advent, and if you need help, there are plenty of books here to help you with that.
Also, thanks to those who came out Thursday evening for our book discussion on “Keys to the Council.” The next book discussion will be Thursday, Jan. 24 at 6:30 p.m. We will be reading and discussing Richard Rohr’s book “Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life.” There are several copies available through the Switch library system, as well as other libraries in the area. So mark it on the calendar and join us for an enlightening book discussion.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.