In honor of this being the end of “summer break” and we are going to be back to a new blog post every week, we will have two blogs this week! Coming up at the end of the week will be my latest book review…stay tuned.
However, this blog is going to be talking about our upcoming book discussion. The one we had in July, with the first book in the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy, was a success – everybody who attended and whom I’ve heard from said they had a good time – and good discussion ruled the evening.
In the same vein, the next book discussion will be on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. and everybody will be reading the final two books in the trilogy, “The Wife or The Mistress of Husaby,” and, “The Cross.” These books continue through Kristin’s life from the end of the first book until the end of her life, and bring this thrilling trilogy to a close. If you have a chance, find these books (or check them out at Salzmann, we have them as well), and join us for the discussion Sept. 13.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.