We have a speaker and topic for our spring lecture presentation! Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, March 18 (hopefully it will be at least somewhat warmer by then) starting at 7 p.m. Salzmann Library is pleased to announce that Fr. Jacob Strand will be discussing “Developments in the Theology of Marriage and Family since Vatican II.”
Fr. Jacob Strand is currently the associate pastor of St. Monica Parish in Whitefish Bay and of St. Eugene Parish in Fox Point. In 2011, he completed his Baccalaureate in Sacred Theology Degree (S.T.B.) from the Gregorian University in Rome. In 2013, he graduated from Lateran University in Rome, completing his Licentiate in Sacred Theology (S.T.L.) from the John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family. This area of advanced study gives him a unique perspective and makes him the perfect speaker on the topic of marriage and family. In between those years, he was ordained for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee in 2012.
As we get closer to the date, I will have more information regarding this event, but we want you to mark your calendars now, and join us for what should be a lively and interesting talk about topics that should be important to all of us – family and marriage.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, please let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Comments are always appreciated – anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
• Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
• The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is email@example.com.
• There is free Wi-Fi available.
• “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.