Saturday, Sept. 22
- Discernment day for single women 18 and older, Notre Dame of Elm Grove, 13105 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Explore attitudes and tools needed for making life choices including career, employment and relationship decisions. Free, includes lunch. Register online at www.ssnd.org/discernment_day, or contact Sr. Barb Linke at (262) 787-1016, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arise Milwaukee, young adult gathering with Fr. Matthew Widder, celebrant, Basilica of St. Josaphat, 2333 S. Sixth St., Milwaukee, 7 to 9 p.m. Includes eucharistic adoration, opportunity to receive sacrament of reconciliation, prayer with contemporary praise and worship music Future dates, held 7 to 9 p.m., include Saturdays, Dec. 1, with Bishop Donald J. Hying, St. Monica Parish, Whitefish Bay; Feb. 9, 2013, with Fr. Luke Strand, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee; April 13, with Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki, Christ King Parish, Wauwatosa. www.arisemilwaukee.com
Saturday, Sept. 29
- Church Crawl, Basilica of St. Josaphat, 2333 S. Sixth St., Milwaukee, 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. with option of 4:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica. Cost: $25 by Sept. 24 or $30 after, includes a bus tour of three, local Catholic parishes, a Mimosa toast, one drink per bar, lunch, souvenir pint glass. For more information or to register, visit www.tinyurl.com/9ashztm. Email Meaghan Turner with questions: email@example.com.
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Free screening of “Courageous” for married couples, Cousins Center, 3501 S. Lake Drive, St. Francis, 7 p.m. No registration required. Contact Jill Serpe for more information: (414) 704-4228, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Oct. 13
- Rosary and prayer service for life led by Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki, Holy Cross Cemetery, 7301 W. Nash St., Milwaukee, noon at the monument dedicated to the Sanctity of Human Life, marking the gravesite of more than 1,000 aborted babies (south of the administration building). jpiihealingcenter.org
Saturday, Nov. 10
- Frassati Young Adult Day, “Into the Deep,” Holy Hill, 1525 Carmel Road, Hubertus, 1 to 9 p.m. Join young adults, ages 18-35, to dive deep into the Catholic faith. Featuring Mass with Bishop Donald J. Hying at 4:30 p.m.; speakers include Paul George, a full-time missionary for the past 16 years; Arise at 7 p.m. in the basilica. Pre-registration required by Wednesday, Nov. 7: $10 college students, $15 single adults, $20 married couples. Visit www.holyhill.com for more information, or to print the registration form.