As many of you know, this upcoming Saturday, Feb. 18th, former Archbishop of Milwaukee Timothy M. Dolan will be made a cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican. I’m sure it is not a surprise to many, while he was here Archbishop Dolan always seemed destined for bigger and better things. He did a great job while he was here, even through the scandals that were rocking the church at the time.
Shortly after he was installed in Milwaukee, I had the privilege of serving for him at my former home parish of St. Kilian, St. Kilian (a small parish now part of St. Matthew Parish in Campbellsport, in southern Fond du Lac County). The retired priest there at the time, Fr. Victor Kemmer, was celebrating his 60th year of ordination, and Archbishop Dolan was there to celebrate the special Mass. I will never forget being introduced to him (the picture that I have will help), or watching as he walked up the aisle, smiling and waving to everybody as he passed.?
He has written several books, which we have, including “Priests for the Third Millennium, Called to be Holy, Advent Reflections: Come Lord Jesus,” among several others. We also have several books written about him, including “A People of Hope: Archbishop Timothy Dolan in Conversation with John Allen, Jr.” and “Life Lessons From My Life with My Brother, Archbishop Timothy M. Dolan,” both published within the last year.
We here at Salzmann want to wish our congratulations for this great honor being bestowed on Archbishop Dolan.
As always, if you have any ideas and comments for things I could change, let me know. If you have any books that you have read or have read the books I mention, please leave a comment. We here at Salzmann also want to know what people are reading. Anything I can do to make this better I will strive my best to accomplish.
Here is some basic information about the library:
- Our standard hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12 to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our address is 3257 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235, right next to Henni Hall, due west of the South Parking Lot.
- The library’s phone number is (414) 747-6479. If you would like to contact me through email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is free Wi-Fi available.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Salzmann Library.
- The library catalog is available online.